To promote a common minimum standard of ethical behavior, standards and expectations across the company, all business units and locations worldwide.
We ask all staff members to ask themselves the following questions before acting:
- Do I think it’s the right thing to do?
- Do my actions put anyone’s health and safety at risk?
- Are my actions transparent?
- Is there anyone else who I should make aware of my actions?
- What will the consequences be for my colleagues, other parties and myself?
- Is it consistent with the values, principles and policies of MyMESS?
- What would be the impact if rumors started with our customers or employees that MyMESS was engaged in this practice?
- What would be the reaction of my family and friends if they were to find out?
- Would mum be proud of what I have just done?
- Is it legal?
This Code of Conduct is written as a set of general principles, and should be read in conjunction with all MyMESS PTY. LTD. policies.
Conflict of Interest
All MyMESS staff will disclose any real or potential conflicts of interest when dealing with family, friends or other related parties or entities. We will make our interests known and seek approval before contracting with any of these parties.
All MyMESS staff should avoid taking a specific financial interest, or participating in financial activities and arrangements, that could conflict with their obligations of fairness and integrity to the company or that could be perceived to do so.
Privacy & Confidentiality
All MyMESS staff understand that we are placed in a position of trust and at times may be privy to sensitive information. We operate in accordance with, and aim to exceed, relevant privacy legislation.
We undertake to handle all information in a confidential and sensitive manner and not use this information for personal gain or to share this information unless required as part of our normal work. We will under no circumstances discuss or disclose any confidential company information.
This information includes marketing or strategic plans, pricing, policy, costs and customer information. If we are unsure of whether or not a particular piece of information is confidential we will check with the source.
All MyMESS staff will not abuse any benefit or advantage that is not afforded to the public or part of any company-sanctioned benefit.
Such advantages include discounts, access to plant and equipment and use of company equipment.
Gifts and Inducements
All MyMESS staff will not accept gifts or inducements which could impair our judgement or be perceived to be a conflict of interest, bribe or inappropriate gift.
Similarly, we will not offer bribes or inappropriate payments for the purpose of acquiring, retaining, directing business or receiving any kind of special or favoured treatment for the company.